Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I LIVE AND DIE FOR YOU


I remember one time someone asked me " Dylan...If you could go back into time during the Making the band days and change one thing, what would it be?". Now usually my answer is "Nothing...because everything that I did has made me the stronger man and artist that I am today". But this particular day, I answered the question differently and I told him, "I wish I had a son back then.

Deep. Kids change everything. Having a kid changes your perspective on a lot of things. I've been thru a lot, most of which you will never know unless you banged with me or grew up with me. I've seen jail cells, gunshots, drugs,been shot at, cut, did the shooting, did the stabbing, the fuckery, the crazy nights, the showbiz, the groupies and much more....most things which didnt earn me anything. I would NEVER want my son to go thru half of what I seen.

He is going on 6 years old and I won't even introduce him to the women I date...unless one passes the test of time and is worth it, because I dont want him getting attatched. I have changed his diapers and doctored his flu when he caught it. He has been living with me and I have been raising him for the past 3 or 4 years now. I teach him about God and real life. This world is so corrupted that I dont know if I should even have any more kids. Parents in the bizz....and those in any hustle...lets TRY and remember that whatever we do...one day...kids are gonna see that. Whether your Dylan, Diddy, 50cent, Superhead, Kat Stacks or Keisha from BK, NY...our kids will know and see the things we do. And if you've been thru the concrete like I have, then you KNOW thats some of that stuff is no good for our babies to grow up to. Like I said...Im faaar from perfect...Jah knows!! But I am TRYING my best to raise my son to be the next President of his Own world. One Love and blessings to everyone with kids and all the single parents.

And to my son Tristan who will one day probably read this ( because everything on the internet last forever): I love you and Daddy did his best to provide for you. For the nights when I wasn't "there", I was still there. Please stay positive and never be a follower of people. Follow God and everything will be alright. I love you. Blessings.



11 comments:

  1. Beautiful words put forth Dylan...Opulent Mami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow twin...this is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats baby you deserve everything your getting! They have no idea whats about to happen..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dylan, these words are so genuine, and I hope the day your son is able to read this, he understands it and will let it remain with him for the rest of his life. The trials that you have been thru are for a particular reason and purpose. Just please learn from your experiences and you will soar like an eagle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was really beautiful. One thing i admir emost is a man who takes responsibility for his children. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete